1956 Comox Street was on the south side of Comox Street, east of Chilco Street.
This house first appeared in the Vancouver directories in 1942.
Legal Description: District Lot 185; Block 70; east half of Lot 12.
In 1953, the house was for sale. The realtor described the house as a duplex, with separate addresses of 1954 Comox Street and 1956 Comox Street.
In 1958, the furniture and household goods in suite 2 of the house were for sale.
By 1963, the house was demolished to make way for new construction.
By May 1964, a new rental apartment building had appeared on the site, with an address of 1952 Comox Street.
The building was called “The Pacific Apartments.”
In 1965, new managers took over the building and re-named it “The Breakers.”
Hollyburn Properties Limited, The Breakers, 1952 Comox Street, Vancouver, BC; https://www.hollyburn.com/building/the-breakers/.