Lagoon Drive is a short street that runs southwest from the intersection of Robson Street to the edge of Stanley Park.
Source of name
Lagoon Drive was originally called “Park Road,” presumably because it was so close to Stanley Park.
However, the street is also near Lost Lagoon, which was formerly a salt-water inlet that became a man-made fresh-water lake in 1929.
In 1929, Vancouver City Bylaw no. 2014 changed the name of Park Road to “Lagoon Drive.” Elizabeth Walker, Street Names of Vancouver, 1999, p. 67.