1055 Denman Street was on the northwest corner of Denman Street and Comox Street.
Legal Description: District Lot: 185; Block: 69; south half of Lot 40.
There are no references to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched July 4, 2019].
Vancouver directory listings from 1901 to 1920:
|1901||MacDonald, John Archibald|
|1902 to 1910||Geddes, John Percival|
|1911||Johnstone, John Sutherland|
|1912 to 1913||Sankey, Arthur Vernon|
|1914 to 1916||Brenton, Charles Jewell|
|1918 to 1920||St. John, Henry Augustus Bolingbroke|
In 1917, the contents of the house were for sale by auction.
In 1928, the occupant of 1055 Denman Street was involved in a series of discussions with city officials about the use of fences on city boulevards.
From the 1940s to the early 1970s, the house offered rental accommodations.
Since 1970, a series of convenience stores has been at this location.