885 Chilco Street was on the west side of Chilco Street, between Haro Street and Barclay Street.
Legal Description: district Lot 185; Block 67; Lot 14B.
There is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched February 24, 2019].
|Architect:||Grant & Henderson|
|Builder:||Campbell, Burke & McClay|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: 67 Sub: Resub: Lot: 14-15 [A-B-C-D-E of]|
|Street Number:||2014-2022 (also 875-885-891)|
|Street Name:||Haro Street (also Chilco Street)|
|Remarks:||5 dwelling houses [2014-2022 Haro Street, 875-885-891 Chilco Street]|
Vancouver directory listings from 1911 to 1927.
|1911 to 1913||Kavanagh, James Charles|
|1915||Brooks, Harry Keyes|
|1916 to 1917||Douglas, Charles Stanford|
|1918||Sandison, David Tresselt|
|1919||Douglas, Mrs. Charles Stanford|
|1920 to 1927||Alexander, Arthur|
In 1927, the house was available to rent.
In 1942, a suite in the house was available for rent.
In 1953, the house was for sale.
The house continued to offer rental accommodation until the early 1960s.The lot later became part of the parking area for the Laguna Vista apartment building, which appeared at 2020 Haro Street in 1966.